OAU SSANU, NAAT, NASU TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THE SCHOOL ON LOOMING STRIKE.

Wednesday, 29th November, 2017
By Olufemi Alfred .O.




     The Obafemi Awolowo University branch members of the three sister unions of the Non-academic Staff unions; Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities, SSANU, Non Academic Staff Union, NASU,  and National Association of Academic Technologists, NAAT are to meet in a Congress by 10:00 a.m today so as to determine whether they'll embark on a strike or not.

    The meeting is as a result of their protest against the sharing ratio  (89:11) of the Earned allowances (EA), released by the Federal government recently, between the three unions and the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) as reported by OAU KILONSHELE. ASUU wants 89% and the remaining 11% be shared between SSANU, NAAT AND NASU.

    The issue, which is a national one, has been reported in some of the Nigerian Federal Universities; University of Ibadan, University of Benin and University of Porthacourt have also protested against the sharing template of the released fund between the staff Unions.

   The representative of NAAT, Mr. Olusoji stated that the meeting is one of the resolution made yesterday in the Congress held.
   "The Vice Chancellor is now interested in the case and he has fixed a meeting for 9:00 a.m today and our Congress today will also hold. "
.  
     His statement, just like that of the NASU chairman, Wale Odewumi;
     "We are not yet on strike. We resolved whether or not we will commence the mass action. The Congress will decide." Odewumi said.

    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(UPDATED) OAU RELEASES ALL FACULTIES' CUT OFF MARKS, 50% MINIMUM .

OAU RELEASES 2017/2018 ADMISSIONS MERIT LIST.

OAU CONDUCTS POST -UTME IN SEPTEMBER WITH 200 AS THE MINIMUM JAMB SCORE TO BE CONSIDERED.