DO YOU KNOW THAT YOUR VOICE MATTERS?




‘’ When silence is no more golden, you speak the truth’’

When I was a kid, all my parents could tell me was to keep my observations to myself- Since I was in the gathering of adult.
   Times past, I see evils that men commit on daily basis, but I’m bound to keep them to myself, since its tagged ‘disrespect’ or ‘insubordination’ to authorities. In having my chromosomes developed, such attribute posed difficulty to myself, integrity and my interpersonal relationship. A teacher of mine once molested my friend to the point of death, all my effort to make it known, was all in futility; because of the covert and cowardly attribute the society has mandated on every child , and he develops with it. It was a bitter turn-around, which I had to pay with a loss of a loved one. Assuming I was given a chance to vomit my words, maybe I would have saved a promising soul.

     On this stance, it’s no gain saying for every individual to advocate for a right to amplify their voices on the altar of our society. Many promising souls go six feet beneath the earth, all our development are lopsided, we get deprived of our daily meals, we receive the blames of our oppressors and they take our glories ; and yet we bury our jaws in the broken cup of our palms, supplicating to the heavenly host for a salvation we all can’t stand to fight for.

    Our societies degenerate today because people aren’t sure of their freedom after speech, as such they can’t stand to fight . It’s believed that they are two separate concepts; freedom of speech and freedom after speech, which the latter is the most dreaded of all. We all caged ourselves into our coffers, minding our businesses and not on a communal ground.
    A tree, they said cannot make a forest, but hundreds of them can make a jungle. A single voice would go a half way, but the unification of a million voices, will pull mountains. Until when we come together, raise our voices, with our decision in unison, then we can go combatant of those lord oppressors.

   Religious leaders might speak of dogmas, but our everyday reasoning and actions shouldn’t be dogmatic. Scientist said that what actually makes us higher animals, is our reasoning capacity; but when we don’t articulate our reasons, we are of no higher importance than those lower animals. Authorities are constituted for the benefits of all, and not for selected few; as such, by our voices,  it’s germane and necessary to check their excesses that are not in-line with the right to human life.  

     It’s a must for us to be that voice in the wilderness crying for the preparedness of the path our children are coming to walk on. You may ask yourself, of what importance is that to me, since I’m not affected? Well, you may sit and fold your arms, feeling unconcerned.  But, how do you be your ‘‘brothers’ keeper’’ if you can’t stand for him at the time of ‘need’; how do you eliminate the greed, pride and its powerful grip it has on us all. With our voice, Its utterly important for us to know that ‘’ the good we do, we do them not for ourselves alone, but for the good of all mankind’’.



Dosunmu Ayodeji
Oau Kilonshele News Outfit.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faculty of Administration releases cut-off marks for departments

OAU RELEASES FINAL LIST FOR 2017/2018 ADMISSIONS.

OAU ADMISSIONS MERIT LIST UPLOADED ON JAMB WEBSITE.