Adejumo Kabir,100 level student accuses FASA of Irregularities


Adejumo Kabir in his latest article voices against alleged irregularities in Faculty of Arts Students Association.


*THE IRREGULARITIES IN FACULTY OF ARTS STUDENTS' ASSOCIATION (FASA OAU)*

By Adejumo Kabir.

"The downfall of an association is not the irregularities of the leaders, but the silence of the followers/members."

Initially, I wanted to credit the executives of the Faculty of Arts Students' Association (FASA OAU) but it went otherwise when I got to the topmost floor of block two, Faculty of Arts this morning to get my souvenir as instructed in a release sent to the Faculty WhatsApp group by the Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the association, Mr. Adebiyi Emmanuel K. (Emmykay).

Yesterday, I met some of the students of the faculty with the following pakages given to them after showing the executives their evidence of payment of the faculty due:
* FASA STICKER
* FASA NOTEBOOK
* FASA CONSTITUTION (I consider this as the best among all)

I left my hall of residence with the mindset to get the things listed above, but left the faculty to realise that IRREGULARITIES have taken place from the end of the executives. The *FASA CONSTITUTION* (the best among all) have been subtracted from the souvenir given to students.

With all sense of humility, I approached the Vice President of the Faculty, Ms. Nwanchukwu Chidinma E. to know the reason why the constitution is subttacted or perhaps know when students who are yet to get their constitution should come for it but she replied saying "No constitution, this is what we have, please excuse me, let me attend to others". I felt embarrassed but I immediately developed the philosophy of calm to avoid disorderliness in the arena.

To me, this is unjust, it is partial and speaks ill of the Association. When the Association know that they can't afford the Constitution to all students, they ought not to have included it in the first place.

Having spoken with the Public Relations Officers, Mr. Adebiyi Emannuel K. (Emmykay) on phone to explain my plight to him, which I did not get a genuine response from him. I have decided to put this irregularities into writing.

I hereby use this medium to demand explanations on the subtraction of the *FASA CONSTITUTION* included in the package given to some students yesterday and excluded in today's batch which I happen to be a victim of from the executives of the faculty since the Vice President did not see this as part of her constitutional duties to respond to me when I asked her privately today at the collection point.

It is quite disheartening that the Vice President of the Faculty has shown herself to be a mere domestic appendage of power by fully letting me know that she has been blinded by the position she is occupying by neglecting her responsibilities.

 I think it id high time we took it upon ourselves and make it to be more clearer to some of our executives who have forgotten the major reason for occupying the post they are. I am calling on every member of FASA EXECUTIVES to vehemently oppose this irregularities.

Remember that John Maxwell says "A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them".

You have been duly advised.

Adejumo Kabir,
Department of English,
Faculty of Arts, OAU.




f

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faculty of Administration releases cut-off marks for departments

OAU RELEASES FINAL LIST FOR 2017/2018 ADMISSIONS.

OAU ADMISSIONS MERIT LIST UPLOADED ON JAMB WEBSITE.